"The Little Red School House"
The Santa Clara School was founded in 1879. The current School Building "The Little Red School House" is not the original building or even on the original site. This schoolhouse was built in 1896 and is located on California SR 126 approximately half-way between the cities of Santa Paula and Fillmore.
The school has been in continuous operation since 1879 and today serves K-6 students who work together in one of the three school rooms. Much of the original character of the school and its facilities remains, although today modern equipment e.g. television, document cameras and computers are extensively used, the school retains its historic tradition of academic excellence.